Successful marina marketing requires an in-depth knowledge of the marina business. Richard Graves and Associates focuses solely on promoting and developing business for the marina and pleasure boating industry.The Principal, Richard (Dick) Graves has over 25 years verifiable hands-on expertise in marina management and business development. His on-site experience includes management, marketing and sales for large (350 plus slips) and medium size marinas, including the first US marina built exclusively for Mega Yachts. His experience also includes boat yard and ferry services management and marketing. The following is a list of marinas and marine services that Graves was responsible for the on-site management and business development.
- Bahia Mar Marina & Yachting Center – 350 slips - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Lincoln Harbor Yacht Club – 370 slips – Hudson River, New York Harbor
- Port St. Joe Marina – 140 slips – 150 dry stack – Port St Joe Florida
- Chinook Yacht Repairs – repair and refit facility – Fort Lauderdale Florida
- Sunrise Harbor Mega Yacht Marina – 2,500 ft of parallel dockage for mega yachts – Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Port Imperial Marina – 250 slips and Boat Yard – Hudson River, New York Harbor
- Marina Bay Marina – 170 slips – Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- New York Water Taxi – Ferry Service NY Harbor – Jersey City NJ to Financial Center, NY
- Strategic Marketing Plans – In depth plan including, creation of USP, SWOT analysis, objectives, strategies, media plan, positioning in the market place and budget. Once the initial plan is created, it will only need to be updated, in-house, on an annual basis. Please review my marketing plan checklist for a complete outline. If you don’t feel the need for a complete plan, various components of the plan can be developed individually.
- Moderately priced Web site development and search engine positioning. Google Ads and SEO development and maintenance – where does your web site come up in a Google search? As an example: our most recent Google Ad comes up on the first page of a search in “marinas in Fort Lauderdale” and receives an average of 40 hits per day.
- Marketing Collateral – Our moderately priced designs include graphics, copy and printing. Our experience in the marina and pleasure boating industry gives us the edge in producing pieces that directly relate to the pleasure boating community.
- USP (Unique Selling Proposition) Development – Why should a boater choose your marina over your competitor’s? This is the statement in you marketing collateral that answer’s the question. This is the statement that is the subheading of your marina’s name. Examples: Marina Bay Marina – “More than just a place to park your boat” – Chinook Marine “On Budget-On Time”.
- Strategic Media Plans – Media plans should be prepared with the marketing budget. Your advertising schedule should be based on editorial content of the publication. Timing and positioning is vital in print advertising. Running a one-shot ad in panic is a total waste of marketing dollars.
- Email Newsletters – Facebook, Twitter and other social web sites rarely get a message across that ends in business. Email Newsletters are the best marketing tools to come along in a long time for small businesses. They’re forwardable; they’re linkable; they’re measurable and interactive. The three R’s of Email Marketing: Relevance, Relevance, and Relevance.
- Direct Mail Marketing – Development of creative eye-catching direct mail pieces that attract attention immediately. We also have our own database that includes over 300,000 documented vessels throughout the USA that is updated quarterly. Owners can be selected by state, boat manufacturer, size, city, zip code and various other parameters. Boats that are financed require US Coast Guard Documentation. Our Mega Yacht Captains email list includes over 200 addresses.
- Sales Representation – Our sales experience includes boat show representation, sales mission coordination, both in the USA and Overseas.
- In addition to the above our group has the expertise to develop Feasibility Studies, Marketing Analysis, Proforma’s, Business Plans and any other marina related projects.
Partial List Of Clients:
St Joe Company – Jacksonville Florida
Marina Bay Marina – Ft Lauderdale
Stiles Development – Ft Lauderdale
Roseland Properties – Short Hills New Jersey
Park Tower Group – New York, New York
Altman Development – Boca Raton, Florida
Bank of America – Atlanta, Georgia
Club Med – Coral Gables, Florida
The Harbor Companies – Atlanta Georgia
South Shore Group Partners – Jacksonville, Florida
McLaren Engineering Group – West Nyack, New York
American Land – Miami, Florida
Mastriana Development, LLC – Fort Lauderdale, FL
WCI Development – Naples Florida
Merco Group – Miami Beach, Florida
Dream Harbors – Naples, Florida
Cap Cana – Dominican Republic
Punta Alma – Dominican Republic
Sail Fish Ventures – Stuart, Florida
Shelter Bay Marina – Colon, Panama
Homes for America Holdings Inc. – Yonkers, New York
Click on the icon to the left to review our complete PowerPoint Presentation on developing a marina marketing plan.
For an in-depth view of Richard Graves experience please review his Resume.