Richard Graves & Associates concentrates on start-up and turn around marina management.
Our services are better suited to assisting developers and owner’s set-up a new business as a turnkey operation or revamping an existing business that is failing due to poor management and marketing.
As asset management for foreclosed properties, our on-site management and marketing experience combined with our contacts within the industry gives us the ability to maximize the potential marketable worth of a marina business for sale.
The Key to Success
The success of any business is in the longevity of a positive bottom line. Our company’s services are geared towards improving profits through excellent positioning in the market place and controlling operational costs without sacrificing quality of service. We build our clients a competent customer oriented operating team.
- We will prepare a punch list, schedule and budget for purchasing all necessary equipment and software to run the business efficiently.
- Develop the Operations Manual, Marketing Plan, Collateral and first year Operating Budget.
Interview, hire and train staff.
- Our turnkey management service takes between two to six months based on the size and complexity of the operation.
- At the conclusion of our contract we also offer a first year oversight plan for a moderate fee.
Turnaround Management: ( RGA is a member of the Turnaround Management Association)
- A Turnaround specialist enters a company with a fresh eye and complete objectivity. As an outsider this professional can spot problems that may not be visible to company insiders and implement solutions.
- Turnaround mangers have no political agenda or other obligations to bias the decision making process, allowing them to take sometimes unpopular, yet necessary, steps required for a businesses survival.
- For a troubled business, no decision may be more crucial than hiring a turnaround manager.
Choosing a Turnaround Professional:
- Experience is the most important credential. MBA degrees and CPA designations count for little if a turnaround manager does not have a proven track record.
- As the chief architect and implementer of new strategies, the turnaround specialist must be an organizational leader. One should look for a person of action who has entrepreneurial instincts, “hands on experience”, and interviewing and negotiating skills
- The fee structure of the turnaround specialist should be clear and fair. A business should make sure it can afford such service to avoid trading one set of problems for another.
Change in Ownership:
- Evaluate the proficiency of the business and recommend any changes necessary in operations, business development and marketing.
- Prepare a professional operations manual, marketing plan, realistic operating budget and five-year proforma.
- Oversee the transition including current staff evaluation and customer relations.
- Protect the new owner’s interest, making sure there is no deterioration of existing business, theft of proprietary and client information.
Recovery Asset Management:
- Reposition the marina in the marketplace.
- Restructure the business to be operationally profitable or at the least self sufficient.
- Prepare a marina related offering plan from an operator’s perspective.
- If required, market the sale of the marina through our affiliated Florida Real Estate Brokerage.
- Protect the integrity of the asset by making sure there is no deterioration of existing business, theft of proprietary and client information.
- With our vast experience in the marina business we are capable of intelligently representing the business to potential buyers.
Richard Graves is a Florida Certified County Court Mediator
Richard Graves & Associates acts as neutrals to serve all parties in legal and personal disputes. Our assistance is in helping to mediate conflicts that have not reached the litigation stage as yet, such as; debt, construction matters, employee and customer relations, interpretation of written agreements, etc.
The merits of Mediation are worth considering. The litigation process can be time consuming and costly and even the "winner" can feel to have lost in many ways.
Whereas the Courts have limited powers virtually anything can be achieved through the use of mediation. For example the court cannot order an apology. Nor repair relations between the parties to the point where trust and confidence are put back in place and the parties go back to their pre - dispute relationship. Additional benefits include:
- The case could be resolved without becoming part of a public record.
- You do not want someone else, such as a Judge, making a decision for you.
- A speedier resolution to the problem than is possible when going to court.
- If it is important to keep the business/personal relationship in good order.
- Mediation in many cases can make a relationship stronger by working through to a resolution and talking out a situation.
- The assistance of a neutral third party to help initiate conversation moving towards resolution.
Richard Graves & Associates has served on various cases as an marina expert witness for defendants and plaintiffs. Please review my resume for details.